Thursday, May 15, 2008

2007 Trip to Hong Kong to Visit Unka Joe!

I had a trip to Guam for business back in mid November of 07' so I thought I would see if it was possible to get an inexpensive flight to Hong Kong. Thanksgiving was the following week after my business trip so I thought it would be nice to spend some time with Uncle Joe (UJ) fares allowing! After considerable searching and frankly a lot of luck, I was able to get a cheap round trip ticket out of Guam for about $550. So why not take a side trip and hang out with my favortie uncle!

This was my second trip to Hong Kong and for sure won't be my last. Hong Kong is one of my favorite cities to visit. The dining scene is very exciting! It's a modern city thats full of energy! And I love the Chinese people and thier cultural. They have a very long history so they are doing something right!

I hope on my next trip to be able to head into mainland China and visit a few of the cities. In addition a friend of mine whom grew up on Ticehurst Lane in Marblehead with myself and David Lombardi resides in Shenzhen 6 to 8 months a year. Shenzhen is about an hour train ride from Hong Kong into China. Unfortunately, my friend (Willy Herman) hadn't arrived yet so a visit was out of the question. Hopefully next time.

With this being my second trip I didn't do a lot of sightseeing. The first time I nearly ran UJ into the groound with everything we saw. That was a fantastic trip! I did a lot of shopping this time for the kids as Chirstmas was right around the corner. (note to self - carful what you ship back to the US as customs will intervene and tie your package up for three months just to take some beef jerky and a couple of cuban cigars) With electronics so very inexpensive in Hong Kong its tough to pass up. Yes it's all real! Hong Kong has cracked down on the fake stuff. You can find it if you want it but it's not easy. Good place to buy a watch although I didn't this trip. Couldn't find what I was looking for.

Enjoy the pictures!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rickspics1/sets/72157605080296448/

Rick

No comments: